Coming up for air from our whirlwind U.S. tour, between dates, I thought I’d blog a few things . . .
The paperback edition of Welcome to Groove House released a few months ago, just in time for our 2-month U.S. tour. And, wow, what a great tour! Thanks to so many of you across the U.S. for your wonderful comments about my book throughout the tour, and for wanting to read more from me. I aim to start working on my next book during the break in our touring this year.
Following are a few of my favorite comments from this year’s tour:
- In Houston, a woman, who’d previously not been the swearing type, came up to me and said, “I fuckin’ loved your book!”
Ha, I love it!
- In Nashville, a woman shouted out from the front of the stage that she loved my book. After the show, she told me her favorite new saying was, “fuckin’ hell.”
- A fan in MN told me that he loved the twists in the story and that it kept him wondering what was next. He made a point to say that he loved the ending.
- A fan in the South added that if Dave and I were to ever open up a “real” Groove House, she wants to be the housekeeper. 🙂
- I returned home from tour to fan mail, and one, in particular, struck me: a man in the UK felt so inspired by my book that he created lyrics to the Mike Mays tune, “Lucky Night,” in a very neat, handwritten note.
How cool is that?
It’s wonderful to know that so many rock fans have resonated with my first novel. And it’s quite special to hear from those who loved the book so much that they’ve read it two or more times. Thank you all for your enthusiasm and heartfelt support!
Kenny C here from New Castle Delaware. I bought your book at this past Baltimore Sound Stage show. Thanks for signing it. Y&T as always puts on a great show. Hung out afterwards and caught up with Dave. Gave him a copy of the 1st Y&T Biography & the 1st #1 Y&T news letter that was sent out by the 1982 Y&T fan club (Lauretta & Robin) Dave thank me and said he’d read it on the way to the next show. I did forget to tell him to add Ten Lovers to the setlist next time around. I recently watched One Hot Night & they played the song. Dave & the boys were on fire and nailed it. And it was just the rehearsal clip. Anyway I have to tell ya the book is great. I’m about 1/2 way through and once I stop reading I cant wait to pick it up again. Cant wait to find out what happens with Mike Mays and his daughter & family. I also love how you threw in the mention of someone owning a winery (DM&JM) and someone playing the harp.(JM-Electric Angel)) Speaking of wine when will the Meniketti Contagious wine be available? Cant wait to try it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, Kenny. Those old newsletters are always fun to see. Lauretta still loves coming out to the local shows (& sometimes beyond!), helping with merch again, and talking with all the fans. She’s a Y&T treasure!
I’m so thrilled to hear that you’re loving the book. Enjoy the remainder!